There are various types of tools in Photoshop to process for removing white background like Pen tool, Magic Wand tool, Quick selection tool, Alpha Channel Masks. Pen tool is one of the most incredible and flexible tool for removing white backgrounds from an image. The process is called clipping path which is made by powerful pen tool. Clipping path is needed when you want to remove an image background. It’s not a complicated task for the Photoshop experts to process clipping path around the image and remove the white background. Appropriate clipping path depends on how much time you practice with pen tool in Photoshop. So the more you will practice with pen tool, the more you will do the task easily. Let’s try to take an idea from the example image of removing white background which is given bellow:
Here I am giving the basic steps of removing white background using clipping path process in Photoshop CS3. Run Photoshop CS3 in your computer and follow below steps:
1. Open an image in Photoshop you want to use for your clipping path. So go to the file menu in Photoshop, select the open as and click there you will see an open dialogue box. Then choose the file and click open.
2. Open an image in Photoshop you want to use for your clipping path. So go to the file menu in Photoshop, select the open as and click there you will see an open dialogue box. Then choose the file and click open.
3. Now you can zoom the image for the best quality but I think the zoom level 300 is more preferable. The click on the image edge and started clipping path process by dragging your mouse pointer step by step following an appropriate distance around the image.
4. Once the clipping path is completed around the image and check it again for making you ensure that it is properly done.
5. Then double click on the “work path” and when open a box, click on ok option for save the path.
6. Now go to the “pop up” menu from the Paths palette and click the red circle area. Then you will see the clipping path menu and click there a box will open. Click on the Ok for active the Paths.
7. After following these steps, then click ctrl+Path 1 for the selection and give a feather 0.5 by pressing ctrl+alt+D button.
8. Now click ctrl+J for create a new Layer 1 and close the eye of Background and it’s now seen in transparent background in screen. Thus the clipping path process removes the white background of an image.
9. Finally it is time save the processing image. Go to the file menu and click on the ‘save as’ and you will find a box. Select the desired format you want to save the image. And after selecting format press on the ‘Ok’.
For your better realization a video tutorial is given to solve your weakness for removing white background using clipping path process.