Clear idea about Clipping Mask:
A clipping mask is an object whose shape masks other artwork so that only areas that lie within the shape are visible—in effect, clipping the artwork to the shape of the mask. The clipping mask and the objects that are masked are called a clipping set. You can make a clipping set from a selection of two or more objects or from all objects in a group or layer.
Photoshop clipping Mask are enormously an indispensable fraction of graphics design. It is the primary act for transforming an image. It is used to remove the background of images which have hazy looks or hair options. Clipping mask is used simultaneously with clipping path techniques to take out the background of a multifaceted image. It is use seamlessly to cut off an image when it is indistinct what is part of the image or what is part of the background. Particularly, clipping mask is more practical when clipping path alone is not relevant for hair, wool or semi-transparent or translucent images like glasses, smokes, feathers, flames, highlights, lighting, fur etc. We can eliminate, extract or separate a needless objective from images by submit an application clipping mask procedure. Technique and task is not so simple job to mask an image.
Classification of Clipping Mask:
- Layer Mask
- Alpha Mask
- Channel Mask
Here we discus about the process of Layer Mask and gradually the following method is given bellow:
- Open an image in Photoshop that you want to use for your clipping path. So go to the file menu in Photoshop, select the open as and click there you will see an open dialogue box. Then choose the file and click open.
- Now selection the path by pressing Ctrl+Path 1. Must be noticed that the path shape is entire of the hair. Then pressure Ctrl+Alt+D for feather 0.5
- Ctrl+J button for a new Layer 1 and create Layer 2 keeping selection at the Background. And press Ctrl+Backspace for showing the Layer 2 in white background keeping the color box black is in up and white is in down.
- Now close the eye of Layer 1 and Layer 2.Then select the Lasso Tool from the tool box. See in the bellow picture:
- Drag the tool around the Model’s hair.
- Then create Layer 3 keeping selection in Background which is under beneath the Layer 1. And open the eye of Layer 1 and Layer 2.
- Select now the Background Eraser Tool from the tool box.
- Fill up the Background Eraser Tool requirements.
- Erase the image background just like the bellow image.
- After erase the background the image looks like the given image.
- Click in the adjustment layer and you show the Curves. Then click in the curves and fill the curves box.
- The Curves image looks same the bellow the under beneath image.
- Select then the eraser Tool and select the 46 no. Brush Size.
- Then erase the dust around Model’s hair selecting the Layer 3 like the image.
- After removing dust the curves layer would be deleted. And the image is Ok.
- For examine how it looks on different background color if dust appears or not. Given image looks so pretty and its ok now.
- Now it is time to save the final image. Look how I have saved the image.