Mirroring an image and adding reflection to the photos holds a significant place because reflection lends depth to the pictures. When a picture is clicked to upload on an online portal, it becomes important to make the images look perfect in every sense so as to grab the users’ attention. Plus, if you own a jewelry store, adding reflection or mirror effect is must. Just like the glass reflects and puts shadow on the surface when placed against a flat surface, the mirror reflection is like that only. Although not all the images get natural reflection or shadow, Photoshop helps in doing that as it various tools and techniques to achieve the desired effects.
For an online business to get successful, mirror reflection lends a great importance. Even in the printing industry, mirroring an image has much significance. The images look bad and irregular and to make them look perfect in every sense, mirroring comes in use. The picture quality can be enhanced well with shadow creation, reflection, and mirror effect. These effects also correct the images if there are any imperfections because in the post processing phase, all the other imperfections are dealt along with adding mirror effect. Let us suppose, you own a footwear store and want to showcase the products on a reflective surface, and then mirror effect or reflection comes in handy. The shadows demonstrate the pictures and set them apart from other images which look dull and boring.
Talking about the benefit of reflection shadow, it makes the image look natural, realistic and deep. While the pictures look alluring, the viewers feel connected to the picture and get a feeling as if the picture has been captured with natural reflection. When the image looks natural, your website appears genuine who has put efforts into making a picture look perfect. Since there are so many portals who are simply copying the images from other sites, adding reflection shadow can make you stand out. To avail the best mirror and reflection shadows, get help from a photo editing company who will take care of all your photo editing needs.
There are variations of Photoshop shadow service like natural shadow, reflection shadow, and drop shadow. Here are the steps to add shadow to the image in Photoshop, check out:
Shadow creation makes the images look attractive and appealing to the eyes as the object pops out from the background.
- Open the image in Photoshop and pick the pen tool from tools palette. Pen tool is used to draw path around the object and cut it out from the background. Here we will add shadow using this tool to select the area for which you want to apply shadow. Other tools like magic wand, quick selection, background eraser, magnetic lasso tools are also used to select the area
- Once when the selection is made, you need to add feathering to get smooth edges. Add 0.05 or 0.5 feather value
- Now make a duplicate copy of the selected image by pressing Ctrl+J to keep the original image intact. Fill white color in the background and take a new white layer. Now merge both the layers
- Duplicate the product image layer and transform it by pressing Ctrl+T. Then flip vertical it using the right click of the mouse. When the image flips, adjust it on the bottom of the original product image layer
- Next, you need to create layer mask on this layer
- Now go to gradient tool and pick the gradient top fill color from the sub menu. It will adjust the shadow color
- Apply the gradient mask by turning bottom to top so that the layer looks like reflection
- Navigate to Image filter>Blur>Gaussian blur to smooth the entire image
That’s it. Follow the tutorial step by step and apply shadow or reflection to the image to get desired results. If you are planning on creating your own website, don’t forget to add shadow or reflection to make the products pop out from their respective backgrounds. This way, you can stay ahead of your competitors and to help you, Clipping Path King puts complete efforts.